Sunday, June 11, 2006

The next Billy Graham?

The CST reports (here) about an interesting pastor and his effort to reach out with the gospel. When asked the comparative question, he responded, "Uhhhh . . . anybody who'd have a clever response to that I'd be deeply suspicious of," Bell says, quietly. "This whole experience broke me a long time ago. . . . The fact that God could use me, I'm still . . . in awe."

I suspect Graham would respond similarly. Also, I believe both would agree that Christ be the focus of our ministry and all of our ambitions ought to be found in exulting Him.

5 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Luke Britt said...

Your site is oh so fancy, Mark. I doubt Rob Bell is like Billy Graham in any aspect other than preaching the gospel. Rob is too hip for ol' Billy.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Mark M. Overstreet said...

You may be too young to remember this, but Billy was once as hip as they come...

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Denny Burk said...

He not like Billee Gwaram. No, he not.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Luke Britt said...

Hey,
Stop despising my youth!

Mark,
Now Billy is not as hip as they come, although he remains incredibly influential among mid-lifers and above.

I saw someone on Thoughts and Adventures blog wanted a dude named Mark Overstreet to preach next convention. Was that you?

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Mark M. Overstreet said...

Luke, not despising. My point is that Billy was once as hip as they come. Yes he mentioned the placement of my name into the schedule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home